HALF DAY TOUR
Experience the Ocean with Terry Corr, Head of Education at AfriOceans Conservation Alliance. Join him on this remarkable snorkel/skindiving journey as he takes you into his own back yard. The site is within easy swimming access from shore and lies within a marine protected area, which abounds with life.
As you move through the kelp forest, traversing from kelp room to kelp room, experience the excitement of discovering a new vista in each new opening in the forest. There are huge Red Steenbras that patrol the kelp fringe, the strikingly colorful Red Roman and the comical Pajama shark amongst a myriad of other fish, including thousands colorful sea urchins and anemones with tiny shrimp and large rock lobsters, amongst them.
The broad nosed seven-gill Cowsharks patrol the area, traveling up and down ancient pathways between the kelp forests. These sharks are apex predators that feed and hunt socially. They are unperturbed by snorkelers and skindivers and pass within arm’s length. There is an 80% chance of seeing sevengill cowsharks on every dive. It is common to see a dozen of these sharks together cruising along the bottom. With a combination of a little luck, good eyesight and visibility, as you make your way through the kelp forest, ever alert, you may catch glimpses of a number of cat sharks and the spotted gully shark.
This is a very special excursion and it is not to be missed, you will get out of the water feeling reconnected to nature and totally invigorated.
- Pick up in Cape Town and travel to Simonstown
- Educational talk on Seven Gill Cow sharks, Gully sharks, Cat sharks and kelp forests
- Optional continental breakfast, tea and coffee
- Safety and Snorkel/Dive briefing
- Kit up at secure private parking area
- Safe entry from the rocky shoreline
- Swim the shark route through the kelp forest of the Marine Reserve.
- Optional lunch – extra cost
- Return Back to Cape Town
- Contact Terry direct to book a snorkelling safari: email@example.com
- Minimum: 4 persons Max: 12 persons
R550 per person INCLUSIVE all snorkelling gear hire
R950 per person INCLUSIVE of snorkel gear hire and INCLUSIVE of return transport to Cape Town central.
- Transport from Cape Town in our air conditioned 14 seater Toyota Quantum
- All snorkel/skindive gear, including full 5mm wetsuits, mask, snorkel, fins, hoodie and gloves, weight belt
- Comprehensive educational information and safety briefing
- Snorkeling/skindiving with sharks outside of a cage
- Spectacular surface viewing for snorkellers
- An ‘I am now a Shark Warrior’ certificate
Shark Warrior merchandise for purchase
- Stylish Shark Warrior fitted T-Shirts
- Shark Warrior cap
- Team Shark Warrior jackets
- Shark Warrior beaded bracelets
- Camera, towel, warm jacket
- Drinking water
- Cash or card