COWSHARK DIVING HALF DAY TOUR – ALL YEAR ROUND
To SCUBA dive with the prehistoric seven gill/Cowsharks near Simonstown, 45 minutes from Cape Town, is one of the most incredible dive experiences around. Witnessing these awesome predators, eye to eye in their unique kelp forest habitat is guaranteed to put a smile on your face! No baiting necessary, they come to you, they are curious and non-aggressive if unprovoked – what an Adventure!
After kitting up at the local PADI Dive centre we board the shark diving boat and head out to Pyramid Rock, home to this unique population of seven gill cowsharks. We will anchor the boat close by and dive in approximately 12m of water in the mystical kelp forests, home to many other species of fish and sharks including striped pyjama sharks, shysharks and spotted gully sharks.
Water temperature: Winter: 14-16 degrees Celsius|Summer: up to 21 degrees Celsius. You need a PADI Open Water qualification and can hire gear. You will be accompanied by a qualified Divemaster.
- Pick up in Cape Town (optional) and travel to Simonstown
- Educational talk on Seven Gill Cowsharks
- Safety and Dive briefing and launch
- Kit up at local PADI Dive centre
- Transfer to jetty for boat launch
- Anchor at the dive spot and start diving
- Return back to Simonstown jetty and transfer back to Dive Centre
- Return Back to Cape Town
Duration: Half Day
Enquire – season dependent
- PADI Open Water qualification if SCUBA diving
- Camera, towel, warm jacket
- Cash or card