CONSERVATION WILDLIFE FILMMAKING
An African Wildlife Adventure that promotes the conservation of wildlife, both land & sea, through high quality educational courses & hands-on training.
Experience the real thing while you learn: live in the heart of Africa’s Wildlife and capture the splendor and beauty of the BIG 5 up close and personal!
Course Director, Lesley Rochat, an award winning documentary filmmaker with 15 years experience, has developed an inspiring course, jammed packed with hands-on training in the field. An exciting itinerary is planned to give participants a unique opportunity to film Africa’s BIG 5, participate in numerous other field trips, both land and sea, and engage in the conservation of Africa’s wildlife through compelling story telling.
Find out more about Lesley Rochat here.
This one-month long course covers all aspects of wildlife filmmaking from conceptualizing, pre-production, production and post-production with a completed short video to show for it at the end.
It’s perfect for those wanting to gain extra experience whether as a camera operator, producer, director, script-writer, presenter etc. or a perfect start for those wanting to get a feel for what wildlife filmmaking is all about.
To ensure students receive quality tuition and that final short productions are of a high standard, Lesley takes only 6 students per course.
Enquire about dates for 2017
- 4 weeks tuition
- Full board, dorm sharing 3 per room, breathtaking sea views
- 7 nights, 8 days staying in a game reserve
- Flight to game reserve
- White shark cage diving
- African penguin tour
- Kelp forest snorkelling safari
- False Bay boat tour
- Whale watching (seasonal)
- Lion park excursion
- Cheetah park excursion
- Snake park excursion
- Monkey land excursion
- Nature & culture tours
- PART 1: Fundamentals of wildlife filmmaking, story outlines, story boards, and Pre-production
- PART 2: Production location Cape Town: field trips and day excursions
- PART 3: Production location game reserve: 7 days of living in the bush and capturing African wildlife
- PART 4: Post production
WANT TO BOOK or FIND OUT MORE? Fill in the form below